Forms are available in Microsoft Word and PDF formats.

Guardianship & Conservatorship

Filing for Minor Guardianship
Idaho Guide and File
  • Complete and E-file your Petition for Minor Guardianship Forms Here.
File for General or Temporary Guardianship
  • Instructions — Filing for Minor GuardianshipPDF
  • 01. Family Law Case Information Sheet for De Facto Custodian, Adoption, and Minor Guardianship Cases RTFPDF
  • 02. Petition for Appointment of Guardian of a MinorRTFPDF
  • 03. Notice of Guardianship Petition and HearingRTFPDF
  • 04. Affidavit of Service of Petition for AppointmentRTFPDF
  • 05. Consent to Appointment of GuardianRTFPDF
  • 06. Nomination by a Minor (required if minor is age 14+)RTFPDF
  • 07. Waiver of Notice (optional)RTFPDF
  • 08. Acceptance of Appointment by GuardianRTFPDF
  • 09. Order Re Appointment of Attorney or Guardian Ad LitemRTFPDF
  • 10. Judgment Appointing Guardian of MinorRTFPDF
  • 11. Letters of GuardianshipRTFPDF

Also file these forms to request Temporary (Emergency) Guardianship:
You can request temporary guardianship if you need an order before a decision can be made on the General Guardianship Petition.

  • 12. Letters of Temporary Guardianship RTFPDF
  • 13. Order Appointing Temporary Guardian RTFPDF
  • 14. Notice of Temporary Guardianship of a MinorRTFPDF

Parent's Request for a Hearing

  • Request for Hearing on Appointment of Temporary Guardianship of a MinorRTFPDF

Interested Person

  • Request for Notice by Interested PersonRTFPDF
Terminate Minor Guardianship
  • 1. Petition for Termination of Guardianship RTFPDF
  • 2. Notice of Petition to Terminate Guardianship and Hearing RTFPDF
  • 3. Affidavit of Service of Petition for Termination of Guardianship RTFPDF
  • 4. Judgment Terminating Guardianship RTFPDF

File this Notice with the court if the minor under guardianship is now 18, adopted, married, or deceased.

  • Notice of Termination of GuardianshipRTFPDF
Reporting Forms
Adult Guardianship
  • 1. Case Information Sheet for Guardianships and ConservatorshipsRTFPDF
  • 2. Guardian's Annual Status Report for an AdultRTFPDFWord
  • 3. Guardian's Proposed Care PlanRTFPDF
Minor Guardianship
  • 1. Guardian's Annual Status Report for a MinorRTFPDFWord
  • 2. Guardian's Proposed Care PlanRTFPDF
  • 1. Case Information Sheet for Guardianships and ConservatorshipsRTFPDF
  • 2. Notice Regarding Availability of FormsRTFPDF
  • 3. Conservator's Inventory and Financial PlanRTFPDF
  • 4. Conservator's AccountingRTFPDFWord
  • 5. Conservator's Accounting for Small Estates under $50,000RTFPDFWord
Complaints About Guardian or Conservator
File a Complaint

If you have a complaint about an appointed Guardian or Conservator fulfilling his/her statutory duties, please complete the form below:

  • 1. Complaint about a Guardian or ConservatorRTFPDF

Step 1: Complete the form with as much detail as possible.

Step 2: Mail or deliver the completed form to the county courthouse where the case was filed.

Step 3: The court will notify you when the complaint is received and of any action or decisions made.

Go here for more information:

Resources: Brochures and Information
FAQs about Guardianship
  • 1. Guardianship & Conservatorship Questions & AnswersPDF
  • 2. Minor Guardianship InformationPDF
  • 3. Support Decision Making GuidePDF
  • 4. Managing Someone Else's Money: Help for Court-Appointed Conservators in IdahoPDF

Common Idaho


  • $207Divorce with Children
  • $207Divorce without Children
  • $166Child Custody
  • $166Child Support
  • $166Paternity
  • $154Motion to Reopen or Modify Divorce
  • $216Minor Guardianship
  • $136Answer/Response
  • $166Name Change
  • $166Unlawful Detainer (Eviction for non-payment of rent)
  •  $69Small Claims
  •  $81Small Claims Appeal
  •  $29Change of Venue